Buy Nursing Tops That Are Both Stylish and Functional December 1, 2014 22:40
There are many reasons why women buy nursing tops rather than just using any top they currently own. Many experts encourage breastfeeding rather than using formula and if you take this route it is important to feel as relaxed as possible while nursing. Wearing nursing tops can really help to make the experience more comfortable for you and that is ultimately good for both mom and baby (and in fact the whole family!)
Why Buy Nursing Tops?
Some women wonder why they need to buy nursing tops instead of wearing regular maternity tops or older tops that they currently have sitting in their closet. In a nutshell, nursing tops are designed for easy access while providing privacy. This helps to not only feed your baby quickly, but also do so a bit inconspicuously, as they will often need to be fed when it is not the ideal situation. Many of our stylish nursing tops are designed to cover the breast area during nursing, allowing for feeding at virtually any time with complete discretion. Some women prefer a ‘pull-down’ type of access which is also quick and easy – and we stock a large selection of those types of nursing tops too. If you are still not sold on the need for a nursing top - just think: who really wants to lift up their top every time baby is hungry? Just having had a baby – baring my abdomen was close to the bottom of my list of things I would like to do!
How to Buy Nursing Clothing
There are a few must-have nursing basics that will make your life easier and your breastfeeding experience more enjoyable – these essentials are of course nursing bras and nursing tops. Just as nursing bras range from total comfort to total fashion, so too do nursing tops. You will want to buy good quality nursing tops because you will constantly be washing them (think spit up and other baby joys). Think about your usual style and start there – being a mom doesn’t mean that you should give up what makes you feel your best. You deserve a few nursing tops for around the house as well as going out…and don’t forget about sleep. The ‘in the middle of the night’ feedings are more comfortable if you don’t have to also deal with a cold tummy!
Check out this nursing top along with dozens more by clicking HERE
Don’t Forget About Nursing Dresses!
I remember leaving the hospital with my first little guy – everything is packed and ready to go, the forms are signed and we are almost out the hospital room door when he begins to cry like crazy wanting to be fed – despite the fact that I fed him before the checkout process begun… but I digress. I will never forget the look on the nurse’s face when I started to pull my comfy sundress up from the bottom trying as quickly as I could to get to the hook on my nursing bra. Her comment, “Didn’t you know you were having a baby?”. So yes a comfortable dress is a great way to leave the hospital – just make sure it is nursing friendly! I also remember at my son’s baptism struggling in the bathroom, disrobing just to get to my breasts – again, never thought about nursing friendly clothing. By the time we went to our next special occasion – I was totally prepared with a gorgeous dress that would accommodate breastfeeding. Life in paradise!
Check out this nursing dress along with dozens more by clicking HERE
Nursing Top & Dress Purchase Tips
- Consider what type of access you prefer. You may need to experiment to truly find your preference as some women prefer styles that cover their entire breast area, while some like the clear sight lines provided by ‘pull-down’ access. It all comes down to personal preference.
- Shop for style. Yes, we said style! Nursing tops don’t have to be boring and dull. One quick look at our selection of sexy nursing tops and you will see that the styles have come a long way in recent years. These aren’t your mother’s nursing tops! A great deal of nursing clothes don’t look like nursing items at all and can easily be integrated into your non-nursing wardrobe and enjoyed for years to come. There are special occasion nursing tops and dresses as well as casual options from basic lounge t-shirts to cute dresses perfect for breastfeeding on the go.
- Look for quality. As mentioned you will most likely need to wash your nursing tops more often than you would be inclined to believe. Don’t waste your money on nursing tops that fall apart in the wash, shrink, fade, pill or even worse – look so bad you never want to wear them! All of the stylish nursing tops, dresses and sleepwear that we carry are flattering and high quality – helping you look and feel your best.
- Select comfortable materials. The last thing you want to deal with when nursing is scratchy materials or fabrics that don’t breathe. All of the nursing, dresses and breastfeeding sleepwear that we carry are constructed of the highest quality materials that are safe for mom and baby and you can feel good knowing that all of our clothing is sweatshop-free!
Check out this nursing top along with dozens more by clicking HERE
Tips to Help You Buy Nursing Tops Online
Let’s face it, online shopping is very convenient to do from the comfort of your home, especially with a newborn in the picture! This is one of the reasons we decided to launch an online presence with a large selection of the highest quality maternity and breastfeeding clothes. So, to help you buy nursing tops and other maternity necessities online, we have put together this list of tips.
- Shop in advance. We all know that one of the worst feelings is looking in our closet with nothing to wear. Especially as a new mom when everyone else’s needs come first and especially with a body that has undergone some serious and sometimes unnerving changes. When you are pregnant focus on buying maternity clothes that will also work for nursing. This will extend the life of your wardrobe and ensure that you are not trying to survive on next to nothing in the way of breastfeeding-friendly clothing.
- Purchase multiple items to save on shipping. We offer free shipping on all orders over $100, so it pays to purchase multiple items – you are going to need them anyway so take advantage of special promotions when you can.
- Look for a retail presence as well. There are a lot of websites that sell maternity clothes online, but just because they have a website it doesn’t make them an expert. We have a physical retail location as well, and have literally served thousands of breastfeeding women – we know the challenges and can help you by providing guidance of what has worked well for other new mothers and probably answer some questions you didn’t even think to ask! We love to speak with our customers and help them pick out the perfect maternity and nursing clothes!
- Assume you can. Sometimes we hear that women want to delay purchasing nursing clothing ‘in case they can’t breastfeed’. Please know that breastfeeding for many women is challenging – poor latches, not enough milk swollen ducts, and cracked nipples plague many women. These bumps in the road can feel like the end of the road and some disappointedly assume that it wasn’t meant to be. We may also get pressured from well-meaning family or receive out-of-date advice from doctors who may have studied a chapter on breastfeeding in school. We are led to believe that it will either work or not work. That is very far from the truth. Expect it to take approximately 6 weeks to get the hang of nursing your baby. You will learn and the baby will also learn and before you know it, breastfeeding your baby will be the easiest and most stress-free thing you do in a day. I promise!
So, whether you need to buy nursing clothing for around the house or for going out, we have a stylish selection of beautiful tops and dresses to meet your needs. If you ever have specific questions about a style that we offer please contact us – we are always more than happy to speak to you and answer any questions that you might have.